Among volcanoes of the Bohemian Middle Uplands
Route length: 43 km
Description of the route:
- Louny - Dobroměřice - Stříbrník - Raná - Milá - Bělušice - Bedřichův Světec - Skršín - Žichov - Jablonec - Mnichov - Oblík - Červený vrch - Dobroměřice - Louny
A possibility to have a swim in the indoor swimming pool, or there are the outdoor swimming pool grounds in the south-western edge of the town. The town walls and reconstructed bastions, the Žatec Gate, the neo-Renaissance town hall built between 1886 and 1887 and also the Gothic House of Sokols of Mory, today a museum, are the main attractions of the town.
Červený vrch (Stříbrník)
On the hill (277 m above sea level) that rises above the town of Louny is a wooden observation tower (12 m high) from 1911, the so-called Frotzel´s Observatory Tower. Part of the tower is the Ejem´s Cabin, which is used for refreshments of tourists. Access to the tower is also possible.
The prominent basalt hill (457 m above sea level), a part of the site protected since 1951, today a national nature reserve. The site is also known for its tradition in sports flying, today mainly hang-gliding and paragliding.
Písečný vrch /Sand Hillock/
The interesting hill (318 m n. m.), a former volcano. The old crater is, besides others, filled out with kaolin sands exposed by the former mining activities in the quarries.
It lies to the east of the village of Jablonec. There is a fortress from the 14th century, rebuilt into a Renaissance chateau in 1607; today, however, it is dilapidating. Furthermore, it is possible to see the Romanesque Church of St John the Baptist, a Celtic burial site in the south; several findings from the area come from the Bronze Age.